University students


The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States at U.S. universities or other academic institutions. Dutch students can apply for a Fulbright scholarship through the Fulbright Commission.

If you are an American student interested in applying for a Fulbright grant in the Netherlands, please visit the website of the Institute of International Education (IIE).


KHMW Eizenga

The KHMW-Eizenga scholarships are available to Dutch nationals interested in pursuing an MBA or graduate studies in economics in the United States, made possible thanks to a gift that Professor Wietze Eizenga left to the Koninklijke Hollandsche Maatschappij der Wetenschappen (KHMW) for this purpose. Professor Eizenga was himself a Fulbrighter and the Fulbright Commission is honored to manage this scholarship on behalf of KHMW.

The scholarship is for $50,000 and requires a period of study in the United States of at least one academic year. In addition to having the Dutch nationality, applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree, excellent academic performance, and be able to clearly articulate how this scholarship will contribute to their personal and professional development.


Summer Program

Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are five-to-six-week academic programs designed for foreign undergraduate students between the ages of 18 and 25 to improve their understanding of the United States and to develop their leadership skills. Institutes include a four-week academic residency consisting of interactive classroom activities, discussions, lectures, readings, site visits, and workshops; a one week educational study tour to a different region of the United States; leadership skills building activities; community service; and opportunities to interact with their American peers on a college campus. Each Institute includes approximately 20 participants from selected countries. Dutch students apply via the Fulbright Commission.