Fulbright Program Manager & Educational Adviser
Fulbright Commission the Netherlands promotes mutual understanding and cultural exchange between American and Dutch people through a variety of educational exchange programs and scholarships that we offer. We are currently looking for the right person to manage two of these grant programs in addition to working in educational advising on a graduate level.
We are a small bilingual (Dutch & English) team based in the center of Amsterdam, and each member of staff runs their own programs with some occasional collaboration. We offer a number of benefits to staff: a generous holiday scheme, a 13th-month payment, a pension plan, and travel cost coverage may be possible.
We are offering a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with a salary of €2.530 to €3.030 gross/bruto on a full-time basis.
Proposed start date: January 15, 2020
Role and Responsibilities
Fulbright Program Manager:
- Is fully responsible for all aspects of managing the Fulbright teacher programs; the English Teaching Assistant and Distinguished Awards in Teaching programs.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director and is expected to perform a variety of tasks at a high level and with a great deal of independence.
- Serves as grantees’ first point of contact in the Netherlands, as well as the contact person for Dutch schools and universities that participate in the programs.
- Leads the grantee selection process, including:
- reading applications;
- planning, scheduling and leading interviews;
- working with school contacts to help them select their ideal candidates.
- Guides Fulbright grantees through the process of applying for their residence permits, including collecting and reviewing documents from both grantees and host schools and sending applications to the IND.
- Communicates with grantees, schools, and other parties involved in the U.S. and the Netherlands.
- Assumes responsibility for mediating between schools and grantees if ever necessary.
- Creates and updates all program documents and information, including Grant Authorizations, Partnership Agreements, program contracts, etc.
- Coordinates activities for grantees, including workshops, trainings, social events.
- Supports grantees with their intercultural communication and community involvement.
- Plans Fulbright orientations, receptions, final presentation meetings.
- Serves as the Commission’s administrator for a global networking app for Fulbright grantees and alumni.
- Provides information and answers questions about any aspect of higher education in the United States, with a focus on graduate studies.
- Maintains ongoing communication with EducationUSA – sending updates, highlights, and statistics on a regular basis.
- Attends study abroad (and related) fairs, hosting webinars, and developing presentations about studying abroad in the United States.
- Collaborates with and takes direction from the Senior Educational Adviser.
- Assists with training and maintaining relationships with volunteers.
- HBO/WO level
- Professional fluency in both Dutch and English.
- Strong intercultural communication skills.
- 1-3 years experience working with international students or in the field of education is preferred.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to deal with high stress situations, including remaining calm in case of emergencies or accidents.
- Strong interest in education.
- Respect for our organization’s mission: mutual understanding and cultural exchange between Dutch and American citizens.
- Study experience in the United States, and an interest in both Dutch and American culture and history is preferred.
- Experience with or interest in social media is preferred.
Please send your CV and cover letter by December 5, 2019, to Ms. Mattie Bekink, Executive Director of Fulbright Commission the Netherlands, at email@example.com. Your CV and motivation letter can be submitted in either Dutch or English.
You are also welcome to contact Ms. Bekink with any questions about the position.
Listed: November 21, 2019
Closes: December 5, 2019